For the myths to persist, the public cannot know …
– the many, many years it takes to obtain Social Security disability benefits,
– the invasive nature of the personal information disabled people must divulge to Social Security,
– the shame and fear of going before a court to disclose personal incapacity,
– how arduous life is with no money for the years of waiting,
– the penetrating shame most disabled people bear….
And, for the myths to persist, the public cannot know how little is the financial gain … with the average disabled person eligible for Social Security Disability living on just $ 1,232.00 per month, or a disabled person on Supplemental Security Income receiving, at the most, $ 721.00 per month.